Pages

25/07/2015

I GRADUATED!

I actually did it! I graduated! The last three years have flown by at such speed that it seems crazy to me that I now have a 2:1 degree in history from Royal Holloway, University of London. I remember the weeks leading up to leaving home and moving to England when I was extremely nervous about the days, weeks, months and even years ahead. Would I be able to actually do the work? Would I make any friends? Looking back now there was nothing to worry about but if I was to do it all again I would probably still worry because it's a massive thing to undertake - moving house, moving country and starting university.

In three years I have met the people I now regard as my best friends, I have learnt sooooo much stuff that it baffles me that one person's brain can attain that much information. I have cried a lot but laughed even more. I have travelled to places that I had never stepped foot in before and witnessed amazing things. The thing that I am most grateful for however is the amount of confidence I have gained. Before leaving for uni I even hated going up to the till to pay for something on my own in a shop and now I have a job which consists of mostly speaking to and meeting people that I have never seen before in my life.

Uni was an amazing time and going back to my graduation a few weeks ago made me want to stay just a little bit longer but alas I am now in the 'real world'. Fortunately I was offered a job straight after I finished my final exams so that meant that I had one less thing to worry about as I left the safety of the university campus!

I currently work as a TV researcher at a production company based in Wales and this week I finished my first production! Having researched the show for around 6 weeks and having worked 12 hour days last week to put the show together, seeing it on TV was pretty cool (iplayer - 'The Royal Welsh Show 2015').

Anyway, I'm sure I'll discuss my current job situation more in another post but for now here are some pictures from my graduation day!







1 comment: