Pages

30/12/2014

DECEMBER BEAUTY FAVOURITES

Having been inspired by watching hours of Tanya Burr vlogs and YouTube videos over the christmas holidays I decided to create a list of my December beauty favourites. I have only included things that I have been using on an almost daily basis and things that I genuinely feel are worth recommending. It's quite a long list so I better get started.

Kiehl's Skin Rescuer Moisturiser

I bought this product after going into the Kiehl's store in Westfields, Stratford with my friend Katie on a revision break back in May. We went a bit crazy in there and spent a fare few pounds but it was definitely worth it. What's good about the Kiehl's store is that they give you a skin test right there and then and they then present you with a few products that suit your skin the most and you can pick which ones you want to buy, if you want to buy any that is. Having been through horrendous amounts of moisturisers searching for the perfect one to complement my skin, I have not had to try anymore after buying this one. You only need one small pump which is about the same size or even smaller than a pea and it gives you more than enough coverage meaning that the moisturiser lasts a very long time. I am about half way through mine and I've had it for seven months which is incredibly good. I apply mine every morning after cleansing my face and it provides a great base for my foundation. I can not recommend this product enough!

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate

Another Kiehl's product, and one that makes my skin feel like silk. It's a lavender smelling serum that you put on just before going to bed and sleep with it on through the night. When you wake up your skin will feel like heaven; it is no wonder that it is one of their best selling products. Even though I bought it back in May I have only really been using it over the last month, I have no idea why but I am thankful that I rediscovered it recently and I imagine that it's going to be a staple in my evening routine for a long time to come.



Urban Decay Naked One Palette 


For Christmas I got the Naked 3 Palette which I am unbelievably excited to try as I haven't had the chance to yet. However, since arriving home for the holidays I have basically used my mam's Naked 1 Palette every single day with Half Baked being my ultimate favourite. I always love to wear some sparkle on my eyes and for almost a whole year I have been using the lightest colour of Lancôme's Hypnôse Doll Eyes palette and the shimmery white eye shadow in Lancôme's Ombre Absolue Palette in the corners of my eyes as a form of highlighter but I have been loving experimenting with all the colours in the Naked palette and I totally understand why everyone obsesses over the Naked palette collection because you basically have all the eyeshadow colours you need in one very portable box.

Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot



A few weeks before Christmas I saw this product on Fleur de Force's blog and I thought it was such an awesome bargain. I already own one Benefit blush, Sugarbomb and that cost me £23.50 but in this blusher palette you get 6 blushers plus a highlighter for £29.50! Insane!  What's great about having all the blushers in one palette is that it is easy to mix them to get your perfect shade of blush. This winter my favourites have been Coralista, Sugarbomb and Rock. The packaging is also incredibly cute although, as it's so big and quite bulky it's quite inconvenient to transport around in your handbag but nonetheless it is such a great product and at such a bargain you can't really go wrong!

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine (in Boy)



The night before my first half marathon, dad, mam and myself were sat in a bar in Cardiff opposite House of Fraser. We just happened to be sat at a seat that allowed us to look straight in to the Chanel counter where I could see all the beautiful shiny make-up. After finishing our drinks we went over and bought a lipstick each (me and my mum, not my dad). The lipstick I chose was not a spur of the moment decision, I have wanted this Chanel lip colour for years. Since September 2007 I have had ever single issue of Teen Vogue come through my front door and in one issue Emma Watson graced the cover wearing this shade and ever since I have been in love with it and, eventually, after a few years I got around to buying it! And it is no exaggeration to say that I have worn it almost every single day. It's a neutral colour that goes with everything and it is subtle enough for you to wear during the day but also sparkly and pinky enough for you to wear in the evening. It is also very hydrating. A very versatile colour that I absolutely adore!

Lush Bûche De Noël 


Ever since returning from my Yoga/Surf holiday back in September I have really been into natural face cleansers and so I naturally turned to Lush to buy my face cleaning products. I first bought Angels on Bare Skin which smelt like lavender and made my skin feel incredibly smooth without drying it. Next I tried Lush's Aqua Marina after the lady in the store recommended it saying that it was their best seller. I liked it but it was not as good as AoBS and it smelt a bit funny and kind of made my skin dry. However,  the weekend before I came home for Christmas I went into Windsor with my friend Katie and she told me to try the Bûche De Noël and oh my gosh, it is amazing. Let's just start with the smell. It is basically christmas in one small pot! It smells really heavily of marzipan which makes me think of Christmas cake - what more do you want?! The ingredients include ground almonds, fresh satsumas/mandarins, dried cranberries and organic cocoa butter. Devine! It's rough texture exfoliates your skin to leave your face feeling very soft and moisturised. I have quite oily skin and I find this product works perfectly as it gives your skin a good clean but doesn't make you break out in spots or gives you dry patches.

Jo Malone, Wood Sage and Sea Salt Cologne 

If I remember correctly, this scent was released in September and ever since I had a sneak peak smell of it back in August I have craved it. The smell is supposed to remind you of the sea side and being beside the sea, in the sea or anywhere near the sea makes me incredibly happy and I think it genuinely is the little things in life that make you happy so I knew I just had to have this cologne as it simply made me happy. Every time I would head into town on the weekends after a long week at university, one of the first things I would do was head into the Jo Malone store and spray myself with Wood Sage and Sea Salt and I'd be set for the day. I got this scent for Christmas and I could/can not stop smelling it. I have been a Miss Dior girl for years but I am now most certainly a Jo Malone type of gal.

Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Holding Foam


I have tried tens and tens of products for my hair over the years with many leaving my hair limp, greasy, dry or tangly with very few leaving me satisfied with the final look. I have mid length wavy hair which some might call a mess but I like it. One of the great things about coming home for a few weeks is that I can try all the hair products that my mam buys (she has curly hair too) which I am too poor to splash out on! In December I got to try the Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Holding Foam and even though it can sometimes (if you use too much) leave your hair a bit on the dry side, it defines your curls in such a cool way without making your hair hard and crunchy. When used with a diffuser it leaves my hair bouncy and curly but if I just air dry or use a normal hair dryer I get wavy surfer hair. It's a bit on the pricey side but it really is a good curly hair styler.





No comments:

Post a Comment