Pages

17/08/2014

THANKS TOM AND MEG

I love to read be that books, newspapers, magazines or blogs. I can find that sometimes I just get frustrated by TV and just want to sit down with a piece of paper in front of me, or a screen filled with words, with no distracting noise and just read. Over the summer I have been reading a lot for my dissertation work and random magazines but there is one blog that has caught my eye more than anything else.

Scarlett Curtis' blog (here) is one that gives you hope and makes you feel as though it's ok to feel how you feel and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. You don't have to be suffering/recovering from depression like Curtis for the blog to help you in life. I experience anxiety in every aspect of my life and it can get a lot overwhelming and sometimes I find it hard to find something that just calms me down and allows me to relax. Although, I have been finding it a little bit easier after logging on to Scarlett's blog as she shares her experience and what she does to make herself feel better e.g. bake and watch films. 

What I think annoys me more than anything about anxiety is that it makes me frustrated and angry that I feel this way and then it turns into a vicious circle of frustration, anxiety and thus tiredness which just makes it all worse. It has been a long while since I sat down and watched a film from start to finish or even an hour of a TV programme as I feel guilty/lazy for sitting down while others are working. 

However, after reading Scarlett's post on her moving to New York and her list of films that sparked her love for the city I sat down and watched You've Got Mail. Granted I didn't watch it in one siting, I paused it to do some uni work etc, but gosh didn't it feel good to just chill for 2 hours and watch Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan fight over books in New York. The film is so comfy, it makes you feel comfortable and happy. I certainly understand why Scarlett watched it again and again. I mean, I just pressed the 'buy' button on iTunes so I can watch the film whenever and wherever. 

It's strange where you find comfort isn't it. Thank you Scarlett. Oh, and Tom and Meg. 



No comments:

Post a Comment