Pages

02/06/2015

FOO FIGHTERS, AC/DC AND RIVAL SONS: JUNE/JULY GIGS

As you have probably noticed, things have been quite quiet on this blog as of late (or try the whole year). This is for many reasons but mainly because of hectic a university schedule, exams, dissertations and I also just did not know what to write. I kind of lost my blogging mojo. I think I tried to be other people when I know that in order to have a well written and interesting blog you have to write about what you know and what you're passionate about. So, on that note I am going to discuss something that I have not written about in far too long and that is music.

The next few weeks are going to be hectic in terms of gigs and I could not be happier.

First up, the loves of my life, Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl and the band will be rocking Wembley stadium on both Friday and Saturday evening -19th & 20th of June. If hearing Best of You, and Learn to Fly live wasn't enough, the Foo's have lined up some frickin' stellar warm up acts to get the crowd even more ready for the time of their lives. First on stage will be a duo who took Britain by storm in 2014, an act who bossed Reading festival last year and also opened for Arctic Monkeys in Finsbury Park last May - Royal Blood. After Royal Blood leave the stage, the legendary, shirtless, long haired rocker Iggy Pop is scheduled to come on to serenade the crowd (hopefully) with classics such as The Passenger & Lust For Life. From my extensive Foo Fighters YouTubing, the last time they were in Wembley they brought the house down and were even joined on stage with Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page to play Rock and Roll. I have a feeling that this gig is going to be pretty epic!




Two weeks after Foo Fighters take to the stage at Wembley, I'll be back in the stadium watching rock legends AC/DC! Arghhhh! This will be the first time that I'll be seeing Brian Johnson and the gang and I can't wait. Also, I have just discovered that Los Angeles based Vintage Trouble will be supporting. I have loved Vintage Trouble for a few years now so that's going to be pretty cool. If you've never had the pleasure of seeing AC/DC live or if you missed out on tickets this time around head over to youtube and watch some of their live performances - they're pretty mental! Having grown up with a mother who LOVES AC/DC and who would play it very loud, very often it's gonna be special to see them play in the flesh. My mam almost cried when I secured us tickets and I think that's all you need to know about her love for the band!



In Sin City, Swansea on the 29th of June, the other loves of my life, Rival Sons will be taking to the stage. So far, myself and my friend Katie have seen them twice live, both times in London. It's pretty weird that just as I'm leaving London and heading to Swansea to live that they would be performing there. It was obviously meant to be! Jay Buchanan, the lead singer of the band, has simply one of the best voices in the world. So soulful, rocky and amazing. Whenever I go see the band, I always come out just amazed at how authentically brilliant they are. I also immediately go on to social media to urge everyone and anyone to, if they get the chance, to go and watch Rival Sons live. So if you're in the South Wales area on the 29th please, please, please go and watch them.



These are the gigs in the near future but I have more lined up for later in the summer/autumn so I'll come back and update you about these in due course.

What gigs/festivals have you got lined up for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment