Pages

29/11/2012

DINNER WITH SIR STEVE REDGRAVE

When I applied to come to Royal Holloway I also applied for a sports scholarship - (better known as STARS). I actually got this scholarship because of my rugby and we are given so much help and advice that helps us reach our goals and improve us as athletes. I'm injured at the moment and they've been very good in helping me, be it with an Osteopath or a strength and conditioner etc. Last night was the STARS presentation evening. This is where we received our certificates that stated we had officially received the scholarship. There are about 25 of us from the whole university who received the scholarship this year. Also, this year the presentation evening was held in conjunction with the honorary fellowship presentation. This year Sir Steve Redgrave was receiving the honorary degree which was coooool! After the presentation and some quick photos with Sir Steve we headed over to the picture gallery where we had a three course meal which was delicious!

We were sat on a table with people who had something to do with the university. I was on the rugby table, so there are four of us (2 girls and 2 boys) who have received the scholarship through rugby, and in between us were different people. I had really nice conversations with the people I sat by and as a result the evening flew by. Also sat on my table was three times paralympic gold medallist - Sophie Christensen! I got to hold her medals twice! How cool is that?!

I really enjoyed the evening, probably one of the most enjoyable evenings in university so far! Just because you got to meet so many different people (oh yeah, and meet Sir Steve!).







No comments:

Post a Comment