Pages

06/12/2012

LIVING ON THE TRAIN

It seems that I've been living on trains recently, well either that or they've been controlling my life with delays and cancellations!

On Friday the Mothernator came to stay for the weekend. Friday night we headed in to Windsor for a quick pip around and then we went to have some dinner in a Nepalese restaurant which was yummy. I suppose it was quite similar to Indian food in a way. We also had some traditional Nepalese lager to go with it. Before supper we headed to the Windsor Timberland shop because I had recently purchased a pair of winter boots there but the glue on the shoe had worn. even though it was still waterproof, the boot should not break like that. I thought that they would take them away to repair them but no, they gave me a brand new pair straight away! What good customer service! We eventually got back from Windsor and stayed in my room for the night.

Saturday morning, guess what? . . . I was on the train AGAIN! This time we were going into London for a couple of days. We were staying in a little B&B just off Oxford Street. We dropped our bags off and then went to some shops, but not normal high street shops because they were just too busy (as it was a Saturday close to Christmas!). Instead we went to Selfridges, Harvey Nichols and Harrods. In Harvey Nichols we had some champagne in the champagne bar and a quick look around the clothes (which were ridiculously expensive!). We bought some pastries and juice from Harrods, which we later ate whilst looking over the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park. We went to Hyde Park's Winter Wonderland last year whilst we were in London for another University's open day. This year we had a look around the fair, we didn't go on any rides (thank God - I think I'm still traumatised from last years experience!) and we listened to some Music in the massive bar they had there.

Sunday was more of a relaxed and enjoyable day where we did all the touristy things. We walked everywhere on this day. We decided that we were going to go see Buckingham Palace (well I say we, it was mostly my mum telling me where we were going!). So we walked through Hyde Park, past the Wellington arch and to the Palace down Constitution Hill. From there we walked down the Mall to Trafalgar Square and Nelson's column. We had some coffee in the nearest Costa and bought loaaaaaads of travel books! Eventually we made our way over to Westminster and the London Eye where I eventually went and caught the train from Waterloo back to university!
Windsor



 London














No comments:

Post a Comment