Pages

13/12/2012

DRIVING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS :)

Well, it's been a busy week trying to get everything organised before we go home for a 3 week break for Christmas! 3 essays were turned in this week along with numerous quizzes and diaries. Finally they are done so I can now relax for a bit! Although we do have an essay to do over the holidays (bleeeeeeugh!) although it's still CHRISTMAS so that's fine! I can't wait just to be home for a bit, as much as I like it here and the friends that I've made, I think after being home only once in nearly 3 months one needs to just relax on a sofa and be able to go to the kitchen and get food whenever you want without having to worry about not eating too much as you have to survive off if for the next 3 days!

To get us all in the Christmas mood we did our secret Santa last week. This is where you put all the names of the people in your flat in to a hat and then the name you pick out is the person that you're buying your present for. It makes it much easier and it's much cheaper! It was nice to see everyone getting excited about opening their presents (the first present of Christmas!) I received a lush sign from my Santa which said "Live well, Love Much, Laugh Often" which I loved. It was cool to see what people bought for each other!

A couple of days after Secret Santa we went out for the Block J Christmas meal in Prezzo which is an Italian restaurant down the road. Everyone dressed up - the men in suits and the girls in nice dresses and heels etc (like a little black tie event!). I had risotto for main which was soooo flavoursome and tasty. For desert I had honeycomb cheesecake - yuuuum! To finish the evening I watched a film (and fell asleep) in my friend's room!

Wwwww... I've spent the last week listening to the Christmas playlist I created on spotify! It is awesome if I do say so myself! A bit of Buble, Elvis and the classic Shakin' Stevens!

I'm going home tomorrow! I can not wait!

. . . "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas . . . !"














Here are some pictures of campus that I took because recently it's been looking all christmasy because of all the frost that's been everywhere making everything white (:




No comments:

Post a Comment