Pages

15/12/2012

LONDON & HOME

Yesterday my dad and my brother left west wales at around 4:50am in order to come and get me from London. The night before, my last night in university before christmas, I attempted to pack, watched a film (as I gave up on the packing) and played poker with friends intill about midnight. I woke up at around half past 6 in the morning in order to get my stuff together before I had to carry everything out to the car. One bad thing about living in Reid is that we have to clean our rooms out in christmas and easter (we do pay £1000 less though so it's worth it) We eventually did get everything in the car (somehow) and I had to sit on half a seat the whole 4 and a half hours home. It's a strange thought not seeing the flat mates everyday for the next 3 weeks after being used to being surrounded by them for the last 3 months. It's a nice feeling not having to do work all the time for a couple of weeks (although I do have a lot of reading and an essay to write! but I'm not thinking about that now).

Anyhwho - last week my parents came up to London as I had to see the Doctor in Harley Street in order get an epidural injection. It's just a little injection to try and reduce the pain in my leg (this is the same injury that has meant that I won't be playing rugby anymore). The pain is a result of a slipped disk among other things. We went down to the train station to get the train in to waterloo. However, due to snow (which I didn't say any of. Must be magical invisible snow!) all of the trains were cancelled from Egham to Waterloo. As we had to be in London by a certain time we had to get a taxi to Heathrow (which is only about 15mins away) and then catch the tube all the way from Heathrow in to Oxford Circus. The injection went fine and we headed to the hotel to drop our bags off before we went out. We had a few drinks in a pub on Baker Street before we went to have supper a Chinese restaurant called 'Pheonix Palace' which was also on Baker Street.

It was a big place and upon entering there was a wall filled with pictures of famous people who had eaten there. People from former Prime minister Tony Blair, Barbra Windsor, Matt Lucas and Gok Wan. The food was really nice and I had one of the nicest crispy beef dishes I have ever had! Yuuum. I was shattered though, so once we finished our meal we headed back to the hotel and had an early night!

I decided to head back early the next morning because I had lectures and I had to do my presentation on Protests in Early Modern Europe in the seminar that afternoon. The parents shopped for a bit and then made it back to the university at around 4pm before leaving to drive back to wales.







No comments:

Post a Comment