Pages

06/07/2013

SUMMER ADVENTURES // CARDIFF

Thursday afternoon after a morning of exercising, blogging and getting myself together, I drove down to Carmarthen with Ruth to meet my mam. We then changed cars and three of us made our way to Cardiff. With mam having to be in the Vale hotel by 7:30am with work, I decided to tag along to have a day or two in the capital. We were staying in our friend's house as she is currently in Australia watching the Lions. After we dropped our stuff off in the house we caught the bus in to central and had a delish Wagamamas for dinner. We watched Horrible Bosses and made our way up to bed.





I woke up early the next day to order Arctic Monkeys tickets that were being released at 9am. I was trying for Earls Court tickets just because EC is so much nearer to me while I'm at university but within a matter of seconds they were sold out. I then immediately tried for tickets for their Cardiff gig and got them instantly. Therefore, in October myself and Nicola will be seeing the AC! woohoo. I first saw the Arctic Monkeys around seven years ago in the CIA for their Favourite Worst Nightmare tour and they were superb so I'm super excited to see them again! Nicola and myself have so many gigs planned for this summer together - Reading fest, Kaiser chiefs, Arctic Monkeys and Stereophonics! It's going to be awesomeeee!

Myself and Ruth ate our breakfast in the garden as it was sooo hot and it was only around half 9! We eventually got ourselves together and we headed in to town. We browsed around a few shops and both of us treated ourselves to a new pair of Urban Outfitter sunnies - in preparation for this heat wave we have been promised :) For lunch we ate at Madame Fromage which is an awesome deli down Castle Arcade in town. They have the best baguettes, cheese and also they have some heavenly cakes - wowza! Having been filled to the brim with deliciousness I headed in to the Apple store and bought myself a brand spanking new Macbook Pro with retina display :) I've always had second hand laptops that have been passed down through family members so I thought I'd treat myself and buy a new one for uni work and for my blogging. So far it is awesome - and because I'm a student I got a £70 iTunes voucher! If I was on twitter right now I'd be saying #winning.









The sun was beaming down on the city and with no wind I thought I was melting! Ruth and I caught the bus to the train station and then a train to Newport where my brother was picking us up to take us back home.


I love Cardiff. The uni wasn't for me when I went on an open day there but the city itself is just beautiful. It's more like a town than a city really, well if you compare it to London it is. I would love to live there one day. It looks ever more awesome in the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment