Pages

17/07/2013

SUMMER ADVENTURE // Lets go to the beach, beach

On Monday we headed to the beach in Llangrannon. I never really go to Llangrannog for a beach day because, especially during the summer, it is filled to the brim with tourists and it's a tiny village with very sparse parking so it's not really worth the hassle. We sometimes go there during winter (here) because we can usually have the beach to ourselves but alas we went to Llangrannog on Monday. We've had absolute scorching weather over the past week and bit with temperatures reaching 30 degrees but the day we chose to go to the beach was the day it was cloudy and just that little bit colder! That, however, did not stop me from going in to the, let's say refreshing, sea. I love the sea and swimming in general and whenever I get the chance to jump in to a lake or dive in to the sea I'm there like a shot.

It was cold to begin with but then you warm up in the water, well, either that or your body becomes numb so you can no longer feel the cold. I think it is most probably the latter. Llangrannog, and most of the beaches around here, are awesome because they have caves everywhere and while I was swimming in the sea I swam over to see some of these caves. This area of West Wales is famous for its pirates and the literature that has been written about these Pirates such as T. Llew Jones' Barti Ddu. I think I'd have loved to have been a pirate. Actually on second thoughts, I think I would have loved to dress as a pirate more than actually doing the whole sailing the seven seas thing.

After another dip in the sea, some lunch a quick read and an attempt at some sunbathing we decided to hit the road as it was getting a bit too chilly.

I love the sea :)







 From this hair ^ down to this hair with just a bit of wind to dry it. I love post-sea hair! wwww and it looks like I burnt my face in this picture but I genuinely don't think I did, It doesn't look like it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment