Pages

01/07/2013

GLASTONBURY WEEKEND // BBQing in the sun

This weekend is Glastonbury weekend and oh how I wish I was in Worthy farm listening to the Stones, Arctic Monkeys, Primal Scream, Elvis Castello, and the list goes on and on but alas I'm home in Wales. It's not all bad though because the sun has been beaming down on us here in the countryside and that calls for one thing and one thing only - BBQ! We turned the radio on outside so we could listen to Glasto while enjoying the sun. We made awesome salads, had loads of burgers and had the chiminea going to keep us all warm. Before we began our food we had a bottle of Bollinger to celebrate Owen getting a 2:1 in History from Aberystwyth university. Radio 2's coverage of Glasto was sounding as we ate our food just as the sun went down. After being filled to the brim with BBQ food I had a little skating session around the house which is always fun. I genuinely think that my Penny Nickel board is one, if not the, best present I have ever received!

We went in side just in time to watch the Rolling Stones absolutely rock Glastonbury. They were superb, even though at time is thought Keith Richards was on his way out! Mark Radcliffe (whom I absolutely love!) said that he has never seen such a big crowd congregating around the Pyramid stage to watch a band before. It was crazy - well over 100,000 I'd say. Satisfaction, Sympathy for the Devil and Brown Sugar were just some of the amazing songs they had in their set. Once they were off stage we watches some more highlights. I first heard The Strypes play on Jools Holland a few months back and I though they were superb, I even wrote their name down so I could include them in a future Super Song Sunday. Their set on the John Peel stage was incredible. Some have been saying that they are as good, or even better, than the Stones were at their age. To think that they are only 15,16 and 17 year old is mental but exciting. They are also playing in Reading and I will definitely be there to watch them.




 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment