Pages

07/08/2013

IT'S HOMEMADE BURGER TIME // Beef, Chilli & Sun Dried Tomato Burgers

Last night I decided to make some burgers from a Nigel Slater recipe I discovered in the Observer a few weeks back. They were slightly different to your usual plain beef burger as they were made up of beef, chilli and sun dried tomatoes. Now, I'm not the biggest fan of sun-dried tomatoes, to be honest that actually make me feel a bit queasy when eaten on their own but thankfully they were delicious when combined with the beef. I made about 14 burgers and I think the whole family liked them because by the end of the night there was only one burger left on the plate. If you'd like to try making these burgers for yourself then just click here for the recipe. I have also included some photos of me making this delicious meal if you would rather see the end product without actually having to make them yourself. I have to say that these burgers were super easy to make and only took a maximum of 30 minutes to complete - bonus! :)

*Makes 4* - I doubled the recipe but managed to make 14 burgers out of it. I'm not good at maths but even I know that that doesn't make much sense but it happened . . . somehow! 





1 medium red chilli 






6 tbsp of sun dried tomatoes in oil

Add everything together, mix and add some salt to season - (400g of minced beef)

Roll together and grill or fry, whichever you prefer. We did both to make the process a bit faster as the family were hungry!

Nigel Slater also gives us a recipe for a suitable salad to accompany our tasty burgers. Once you've done all of the above steps (about 7 basil leaves, 1 lime, two avocados) mix them all together to make some deliciously zesty side dish. 

We served our burgers with an array of cheeses - Mozzarella, Mature and Edamer. Instead of buns we opted for some rye bread on the side (that's because we didn't have any bread buns in the house!). Absolutely yummmmmie :) 


Give it a go yourself and tell me how you got on! 
Twitter - @lisagwawr
Instagram- @lisagwawr

No comments:

Post a Comment