Pages

13/08/2013

TOUCH THOSE TOES //

I can touch my toes! Yes. This is a fact. This achievement might not mean a lot to many, if any of you - it's just something that the majority of us take for granted. I know I certainly took it for granted until I was unable to do it for over a year and a half. Last week I managed to touch my toes for the first time in a very long while and it made me realise how much we take for granted. We take for granted that when we want to run we can run, when we want to raise our hand - we can and when we want to dance - we can. But I suppose it's the same for everyone - we take things for granted until we can't do them anymore and then we realise just how awesome our bodies really are. Many people in this world have no option but to lie in bed or to be constrained to a chair for the majority of their lives so why do we, who have the choice to do whatever we wish, choose to do nothing?

This week I went on a long bike ride for the first time in over a year and wow it felt good. The breeze in my face, the burn in my legs and what felt even more amazing was the feeling of achievement. Achieving what seemed very, very, very far away only but a few months ago. What I'm trying to say is 'touch your toes'! Go out and do everything you can, grab the bull by its horns and live life to the full because when your body is in full health there is nothing else you need in the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment