Pages

09/08/2013

CURRENTLY LISTENING TO // Playlist

Over the past few days (weeks) I've been trying to figure out what direction I want to take this blog (you've probably noticed by the continuous changing of the layout design!) and even though I still haven't quite figured it out completely one thing that kept popping up in my head was music. I love music. I listen to it everyday and whenever I have a chance to go listen to it live I'm there (with 5 gigs and two festivals this summer I think I rest my case!). So I thought that I'd bring a lot more music in to my little blogging corner of the internet with more playlists etc. I hope you enjoy them and if you have any song/artist recommendations then I'd be more than happy to give them a listen. 

These are just some songs that I've been listening to over the last few days which I personally thing are pretty cool. Go on, have a listen :) 



Everybody loves a bit of Kings of Leon don't they. However, over the past few months they have been through some troubling times with rumoured disputes within the band. Despite this their new track Supersoaker is quite awesome. The band seem to be back to their rock 'n' roll routes (thankfully) and are sounding better than ever. I heard this song the other day whilst watching MTV ROCKS and I have been playing it constantly since then. I am super looking forward to watching them next week on the main stage at V festival! 


I saw Texas live in a festival last year and they were superb. I first heard of them when I was really young as my Mam has gone to see Sharleen and the band live a few times but they were just another band that was playing in the background until I really started listening to their stuff over the last few years. There new album The Conversation is out now and it has some really good singles on there. Detroit City which is released on the 12th of August is a really great tune. More beats than usual but a perfect summer song for those not wanting to listen to the dance dominated songs that relentlessly pop their heads up during the hotter months. 



I randomly came across Deap Vally while roaming NME's Youtube channel and wow, they are awesome. They are rocking it immensely! It's quite rare today to find Joan Jett/The Runaways style band but these two Californian rockers are pretty cool and their new album Sistrionix was given an 8/10 review by the music giant that is NME magazine. They are playing in Reading & Leeds fest this August and I can assure you that I will be in the crowd listening to this duo do their stuff. 



For some reason the Imagine Dragons hype passed me by but that might be because I've been out of the new music loop for a while just replaying Springsteen, BB King and Lynyrd Skynyrd records but wow the Dragons are so cool. This tune is something that just makes you move your head to the beat without thinking - when that happens you know it's a good song! This song reminds me a bit of Alex Clare's Too Close - might just be the beat (and the uncontrollable head bobbing). 



 One of the best modern rock bands that are making music today. Let me assure you that my judgment has nothing to do with the fact that the hail from Springsteen's Jersey Shore and have played with The Boss a few times (well maybe just a little then!). No, in all seriousness The Gaslight Anthem are incredible and their single 45 is no exception. I've been playing this song on loop and as of yet I have not started to hate it which is always a good sign. Give them a listen and I'm sure you will not be disappointed. A truly awesome band. 

No comments:

Post a Comment