Pages

28/08/2013

V FESTIVAL 2013 // SUMMER ADVENTURES

Well hello there. It's been a long time since I last posted on this blog but I have very good reasons for this. I have spent the last week and a half festivaling it up at V festival in Chelmsford and Reading Festival and wow what a week or so it's been. I have decided to write a short account of my time there and then I'm going to do my top 5 or 10 favourite performances from each festival.



First up was V festival in Chelmsford, Essex. I went to V festival last year but this time I went with four of my university friends - Hollie, Lauren, Laura & Kally. It was nice to be in a big group because there were more people to share the fun with and it was also interesting because we all have different music tastes so I was able to hear about acts that I would never have gone to see. The festival began on Saturday with The Fratellis kicking off the main stage and they were superb. I've loved the Scottish band since I was about 11/12 years old but they haven't been around for a while so I was unsure what to expect however, they did not disappoint. Later that day we saw everyone from Labrinth to Paloma Faith, Gabrielle Aplin to Jessie J. I think my favourite performance was from Irish rockers The Script. The crowd went mental and sang every word to practically every song. Beyoncé was the headliner and the main stage was packed with probably over 50,000 fans. Queen B. was over 20 minutes late much to the dismay of the crowd who began to chant "where the F**k is Beyoncé" and boos rang around the arena. When the headliner finally came out onstage she was very good but we didn't see much of her because she made about 6 outfit changes. Yes, you heard right, SIX! Yeah . . . .










Sunday was my kind of music day which is quite apt because Sunday is my favourite day of the week. While the others watched Olly Murs (I saw him last year) I ventured over to the 4 music stage where I watched Seasick Steve. Seasick Steve was one of the people I was most looking forward to watch all weekend and he was superb. He played with John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin! Amazing. After Steve it was time for The Vaccines and then the Stereophonics. The Welsh legends were absolutely immense - one of my top moments of the whole festival. While the other girls went to watch Calvin Harries, myself and Hollie closed out our festival with some Kings of Leon and what a performance. In my own personal opinion the Kings of Leon were miles better than Beyoncé but that might be because their music is more up my street. A great way to end a fab weekend.












No comments:

Post a Comment