Pages

18/12/2013

BOROUGH MARKET // LONDON

As you have most probably noticed I haven't been a very good blogger over the last month or so but I guess that's what being a History student does to you - you just don't have that much spare time but I'm not complaining because it is uni after all and you're supposed to do work (although 10 essays of 2,500 words in one term might be pushing it a bit!). But now it's christmaaaaaaas and I'm home for a month so it's time to get the blog back on track. 

A few weeks ago I jumped on the train to central London to meet my parents who were down for the weekend. They were staying in a nice hotel right next door to Buckingham palace so I got there reasonably early to have breakfast with them at the hotel. Scrumdidlyumptious! Once we had let the food settle a bit we began our day around London town. First stop was Tower Hill and a walk over Tower Bridge to Borough Market. After getting a bit lost we finally made it and my oh my was it busy. We should have guessed really with it being a Saturday close to christmas. Despite having to push our way through crowds of people we got to see/smell/eat many different foods and I had a particularly yummie Chorizo roll for lunch. If you know me at all, you'll know that I love me some chorizo! In the middle of christmas trees, wreaths and minced pies we found a little place which sold the most delicious mulled wine and each of us had a cup to warm us up on the cold winters day. Having decided that we'd had enough of the crowds we began our walk to Covent Garden, but not without popping in to cute little Paul Smith shop on the way. 
Having trekked what felt like miles  along the Southbank we finally made it to an incredibly christmasy Covent Garden. Covent Garden is one of my favourite places in London and while we were there I picked up a laptop from Apple and my dad bought another coat from Barbour and we had a little drink in a pub to watch the last few minutes of the Rugby League World Cup Final before making our way to the London-Welsh centre on Greys Inn Road to watch the Wales V Australia match. Even though we lost it was a very cool experience being in the heart of London but surrounded by fellow Welshmen. 

A Vietnamese was had for dinner just around the corner from the London-Welsh centre before I made my way on the tube to Waterloo to catch a train back to uni. A lovely christmasy day in London :)


No comments:

Post a Comment