Pages

16/12/2013

STEREOPHONICS // O2 LONDON 2013

Hello there, I know this is a bit late but  . . . better late than never!

On the 28th of November myself and Nicola headed in to London to go and watch the Stereophonics at the O2. Once my lectures had finished on Thursday afternoon I hopped hon the train to Waterloo where I met Nicola who was traveling from Cardiff. We had some time to spare before the gig so we had a quick stroll around Waterloo, Westminster and whitehall before raking the short tube journey to the o2 arena. I had never been to the O2 before and was surprised how big it was inside - it's genuinely like a town inside a marque! Surprisingly Nicola and myself found ourselves right up front which was just a little bit awesome! While waiting for the support to come on stage we talked to a few Phonics fans who had met Kelly and Richard a few times and one of them even received a wedding card signed by the band - how cool! 

Kitty, Daisy & Lewis were the support act and I had never heard of them before so was not quite sure what to expect but they were really, really good. With a rockabilly, swingy, bluesy, rock 'n' rolly sound they were actually superb. Check them out!

Before we knew it, Kitty, Daisy & Lewis were off the stage and the boys from Cwmaman were opening with Catacomb, a single off their new album, before belting out classics such as Local Boy in the Photograph, A Thousand Trees, Pick a Part That's New and one of my new absolute favourites, Been Caught Cheating. Throughout the whole gig myself and Nicola were frantically waving quite a sizeable Welsh flag in the air (apologies to those stood behind us!) and on numerous occasions (which made our night) Kelly, and Richard (the latter was stood directly in front of us) made eye contact with us and smiled. Arghhhhhh!! Throughout the whole gig I just kept thinking to myself - this is the most awesome thing everrrrr! 

I had seen the Stereophonics three times before - in the Millennium Stadium (2008 possibly or '05 can't remember), Cardiff City Stadium (2010) and V Festival (2013) but being so close to them at the o2 was just something else. Kelly's voice was even more amazing and Richard was, if it's even possible, more cool. With the band finishing the gig with the classic Dakota after a magical encore that was made up of Handbags and the Gladrags, I Stopped To Fill My Car Up and Just Looking it is safe to say that myself and Nicola had an extremely incredibly awesome time! 




No comments:

Post a Comment