Pages

26/12/2013

CHRISTMAS 2013 // JOHNNY CASH, XMAS CAROLS & CHAMPAGNE BREAKFASTS

I love Christmas, I think I have grown to love it even more after being away for most of the year at uni because you know that Christmas means home time :) I like the carols that are sung, the films that are watched and the excuse to just lie on the sofa for most of the day guilt free. The Thomas household Christmas is relatively relaxed with only the four of us (+ Hendrix) spending the day together with my Mam-gu popping in to have some lunch. I'm not a big fan of being confined in a space filled with people so a small family suits me well. Christmas eve is all about the preparation, the wrapping and champagne breakfasts with friends while Xmas day is all about the present opening, film watching, dog walking, christmas dinner eating and of course the birth of Jesus. 

I always wake up early on Christmas morning much to the annoyance of my brother. This year I woke up at half 7 but held out from waking everyone up until 9am when I started to sing Christmas carols (O Deuwch Ffuddloniaid // Oh come All Ye Faithful) for all to here. After much grumbling and eye rubbing my brother and I opened our stocking while my mum laid in bed and my dad came home from work. Muesli, croissants, champagne and toast were on the menu for breakfast and after the veg was chopped and everyone was showered and ready we ventured in to the living room where our bigger presents were waiting. With the cheesy/ cringeworthy Johnny Cash 1976 Christmas Special programme playing in the background I opened my prezies and I received an awesome leather bag from Foley & Agamo, a Lancôme beauty set, Dr. Martens (1460 Boot), my first ever onesie, CD's, books, my staple Miss Dior perfume and many other wonderful gifts. 

Before the pigs in blankets could have time to digest, myself and my mam headed off on a little walk with Hendrix just to get some fresh air while my brother washed up. Upon our return we watched the end of Toy Story 3, watched Despicable Me 2 in 3D (well, I had a nap through the majority of it), caught the end of Homealone 2 and laughed at the Mrs. Brown's boys and Father Ted xmas specials before heading off to bed. B-E-A-UTIFUL day. :) 

Here are some of my favourite gifts I received from Santa and family. Thanks // Diolch :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment