Pages

06/02/2012

Whats up dawgs.

The weekend was quite busy! 
On Saturday I attempted to complete as much homework as possible as I'm going on holidays Monday afternoon (today). I've finished most of my history coursework and did my geography and history homework. Whilst on holidays I plan on doing as much english coursework as possible as I'm missing almost a week of school. Thankfully however I'm not missing that many lessons as I usually only have a maximum of 4 lessons a day but this week we have the school Eisteddfod so there won't be any lessons on Tuesday afternoon or all day Wednesday. 
Whilst doing my homework on Saturday I had the BBC Sport website open as I was listening/watching the start of the Rugby Six Nations. First up was France V Italy and then latter on in the day Scotland faced England at Murrayfield. What a boooooring match the latter was. Neither team was able to impress, knocking on the ball when ever they had a chance at scoring. 

Sunday however was a different game. In the morning Carwen and I drove down to Llanelli to Parc Y Scarlets the home of Scarlets rugby for our weekly Llanelli rugby training (there are pictures to come but I'm not home at the moment so am unable to upload them). We raced home (within the speed limits of course) and arrived in the door just before the national anthems of both Wales and Ireland blasted out Lands down road (now Aviva Stadium) in Dublin.  The game was incredible with the score seesawing every minute and it came down to a penalty kick from Halfpenny. I was shaking. Shaking I tells ya'! The adrenaline was coursing through my body like electric. With 79 minutes on the clock Halfpenny (now an official Welsh hero!) booted the ball through the centre of the posts awarding Wales with a perfect start to the 2012 six nations! 
(Sorry if I've gone on a bit about the rugby, but if you were Welsh you'd understand!) 

 Picture of a scrum (I'm in the front on the left in the red jersey) from a cup match with Scarlets in Litchfield
 Source - Daily Mail

 Above pictures from Wales Online 

No comments:

Post a Comment