Pages

20/03/2014

SVENGALI MOVIE PREMIERE

Last Monday while in the library (as per usual) I got an e-mail from Universal saying that I had won two tickets to the Svengali premiere in Shoreditch, East London. I never win anything so this was a bit of a surprise! A few weeks before I had preordered the soundtrack to the film as it looked (and is) immense. It consists of everyone from Jake Bugg to The Stone Roses and The Pogues (I mean whats not to love). Anyway, after inviting my friend Sophie to come with me (she was incredibly excited - I mean seriously exited!) we began the journey to Shoreditch after a full morning of lectures on Tuesday.

It's fair to say that we had no idea what to expect when we arrived. It was not a massive premiere like the ones you see at Leicester Square but it was still an awesome experience. After being ticked off the guest list we headed up to the fourth floor of the Rich Mix cinema where all the photographers and interviewers were. Its a bit of an understatement to say that we felt like fish out of water but soon enough we felt like we could attend premiers every week (I'm sure there's a job where you can do that - I need it!)! Both Sophie and I just stared at everyone (not in a creepy way might I add) but we were just trying to take everything in. Alan McGee, Oasis' former manager, was just chilling by us for a while (I mean...!) and before entering the cinema to watch the film we got to meet the two main characters of the film - Dixie and Shell - Jonny Owen and Vicky McClure. This was cool. They were both so so nice and Jonny is from Wales so we had a little talk about the home land :)

The film was really cool and the story was very sweet. How could you not like a film where Martin Freeman (the Hobbit and Sherlock) dresses up as a Mod with incredible purple glasses which I seriously need in my sunglasses collection. Matt Berry from the IT Crowd and Huw Stephens (radio 1 DJ) also make appearances and its safe to say that the film is not short of laughs but also quite poignant moments. If you can, I highly recommend that you go see this film, or at least buy the soundtrack.

What an awesome experience - thanks Universal!





Watch the trailer //

No comments:

Post a Comment