Pages

28/02/2013

ADVENTURES

My friend Hollie who I live with in uni had been going on about how awesome these three films are - The Goonies, Stand By Me & Into the Wild. I am ashamed to say that I had never seen these films . . . until yesterday that is (well, we watched The Goonies & Stand By Me - we still have the third one to watch). They are awesome films and are about exactly what I love - adventure. I am also currently reading On The Road by Jack kerouac which is also all about adventure. I just think that the world is sooooo big that you have to go out, travel and discover new things. You don't have to leave the country and you don't need to be loaded to do it. I find going on walks to be just as exciting as you adventure to new places.

I think that for 80% of the day I just daydream about things that I want to do with my life - travel around the world & especially South America, I want to go to a gazillion music festivals, climb mountains, surf, snowboard, skate and most importantly, I want to enjoy life. I know that I'm going to do stuff that I don't really want to do in life, but why not make the times, where you can do what you want, supper fun! Hopefully in the very near future this is what I'll be doing again - enjoying life.

I powered up by ipod the other day as I wanted it for my train ride into central London - I usually use my ipad for music these days but I didn't really fancy walking about with it through London - and on the ipod I found loads of old photos which I was so happy to see. As I am talking about adventure on this blog I will post photos of when I climbed Snowdon (the tallest mountain in Wales) a couple of years ago. Wales is a perfect place for adventure  - you've got the sea, the mountains and beautiful views!

When we climbed Snowdon we literally couldn't see anything due to the fog - everything in front of us was white! Also, I have never been so cold in my life - I literally sat under the hand-dryer in the centre at the top of the mountain just to warm up. However, as we walked down the weather got significantly better and we could see some of the stunning views that we missed on the way up!



 Us at the top! We look a bit damp to say the least!


Awesome :D

No comments:

Post a Comment