Pages

05/02/2013

SKATEBOARDING SUNDAYS

Because of my injury I have not been able to do any sport (except for Pilates) for almost a year. Which is actually the worst. I know there are worse things in the world but for me sport is a way to relax, de-stress and have fun. So let's just say the last couple of months have not been the best. However, one thing I do do often now is skateboard. I am in pain after it but I would be doing anything else also so why not do something fun and enjoy it. I've only had my skateboard since Christmas and I'm not very good at it at all (although I am improving). I love riding it and I also love watching skateboarding videos on youtube. I could literally spend hours scrolling through many a video. I especially enjoy longboarding. It's just like your surfing but on concrete - amazing!

Throughout the week if I need to go in to town I skate the two mile round trip. I also do this even if I don't need anything from town - just for some fresh air. Sunday morning is my favourite skating time though. I get up early, this week it was 6:50am, and just go skateboarding for an hour or so. I do the usual skate to town and this week I came back a different way which had two downhill sections. It was awesome. I then began to adventure around town trying to find new hills I could skate down.

I came home, had a shower, had breakfast and did some work all before 10am. It's a very good way to start a Sunday :)





 This is the rubbish that was on the street Sunday morning - wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment