Pages

27/02/2013

CARDIFF - BACK TO THE MOTHERLAND

On Friday morning I headed back to the Motherland! My family were going down to Cardiff for the weekend so I grabbed a train and almost three hours later I was in the capital. The family weren't arriving until later that day so I spent the day with Nicola who is in uni there. I got off the train and in to the main bit of the station and who is the first person I see . . . . Colin Charvis (ex-Wales rugby player!) and of course who was standing right next to him . . . Nicola! Neither of us had been to Cardiff Bay in a while so off we went. I really like the bay, it's a newly regenerated part of the city and it's just a nice chillaxed place with some cool architecture - Millenium Centre & Senedd. Also that is where the BBC Cymru/Wales studios are and the Doctor Who Experience centre.

We grabbed some Nando's (of course!) for lunch and it probably has one of the best Nando's views ever  - looking right over the water. An actor from Casualty was sitting right next to us also (thanks to Nicola for pointing this out!) We had a roam around the bay for a while, had a coffee and then headed back to central. I rushed to the house (where we were staying), changed and was out the door again as we were going out for a meal in a restraunt called Oscars. The food was really good - I had the pate for starters, the awesome duck for main and the panna cotta for pudding. Yuuuuuuum :)

The next day was Six Nations day. Wales were facing Italy in Rome so we headed in to town to watch it in a bar off Westgate Street. Before that though, Dad wanted some new clothes so we walked around Howells for ageeeeeees but at least I got to go to the bike shop that they have there! I wanted to pop in to the Vans shop just to have a look. They had the awesome bags that I want which have straps in the front where you can pop your board in - that would be so handy. They also had some cool longboards! I saw a pair of shoes that I liked and my daddy bought them for me ;) Yaaaay :)

We won the rugby match! Wooohooo! It was so cold in Cardiff that we decided to head home after the match so we caught the bus back. Mam & Owen went back in to Central because they were going to watch 'Australian Pink Floyd'. Me and my dad however stayed at home and watched some Saturday night TV! 

I headed home Sunday afternoon after a scrumptious brunch in Brava (which is in Pontcanna). Chorizo, Scrambled egg & pepper burrito - what more do you need?! :)

I love Cardiff.








 I thought this wall memorial was serious but when we got closer we could see that it was for a fictional character called Ianto from the Torchwood series! There are some crazy people out there!
 Millenium Centre
 Cowbridge Lemonade cocktail from Oscars. - Delish.
Watching the rugby - which screen should we watch!?


YUUUUM YUUUUM YUUUM = awesome :)


 
Instagram - @lisagwawr
Twitter - @lisagwawr

No comments:

Post a Comment