Pages

07/10/2013

HAVE A BREAK, HAVE A LISTEN // PLAYLIST

Sometimes life can be stressful and people deal with stress in numerous ways but personally I find that if you've had a stressful day just have a lie down, put on your headphones and listen to some music that you find calming and I can assure you that you'll feel at least 80% better in a few minutes. People can find a variety of different genres calming - jazz, blues, folk or sometimes even some heavy metal or dub step can be what somebody needs to relax. I have created a list of a few songs that I find relaxing, it might not what you'd choose to chill to but it works for me. I'd love to know what songs you find do the trick for you so leave a comment below and make sure to have a little listen to the songs that I've chosen, you never know you might find a new song to have a little nap to.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street



I could have basically filled this whole playlist with Springsteen songs. He can act like a comfort blanket when you want to shut yourself away from the world and make you feel better about yourself and what you're doing with your life when you feel a bit stressed with everything and everyone. I could basically go on and on about how I love Bruce but I'm sure you all know that by now. I hope everyone has there own Springsteen who they can turn to again and again, knowing that they'll definitely feel better after hearing the first chord to their favourite song. This might feel a bit dramatic I mean it's very hard to believe how one person can change a person's mood so dramatically but it's the truth and I'm very thankful for it and for Mr. Springsteen. Racing In The Street is one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard and its perfect to put on just before bed to get you in that calm mood.

Augustana - Fire 



I can't remember how I discovered this band and this song but it was during secondary school sometime. This song used to be a staple on my playlist for the bus ride home. The vocals on this are quite haunting and very soothing, the piano also helps to calm me down. I like a good piano! It's a short and very sweet song that I think everybody needs to have on their ipods just to listen to now and again.


BB King - Let Me Love You



I am a massive fan of rhythm and blues and well there is no one else other than BB King who can chill me out after a long day at the library. Blues also remind me of home because it is always on in the background, in the kitchen as dinner is being made or in the living room as we read sunday papers etc so that's another reason why the Blues do it for me. Even today when I came back from a 6+ hour day from uni I turned the ipad on and went straight to BB King's album  BB King Story. I couldn't find the version of  Let Me Love You that's on my ipad on youtube but this version is still pretty awesome. Another good thing about rhythm and blues is that there are a few instrumental segments which are perfect to switch off to as your mind isn't distracted in attempting to concentrate on what the lyrics mean.

Ben Howard - Old Pine



Ben Howard is awesome - Simple as. His music could be the soundtrack to everyone's dreams, yes, that's how magical it is! All the "wooooo"ing and whimsical guitar rifts could send anyone straight into relax city before they could even put their headphones on properly. Having ruled the Brit Awards, Howard is still continuing to sooth people with his surfer, folk music around the world and wow, he's doing a great job of it!

Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road




Wait what? Another Springsteen song? Of course. Thunder Road is my all time favourite song and when I heard an acoustic version of it at the end of his Wembley show back in June it was honestly one of the best moments of my life (yes, I admit it, I am sad!) but it was extraordinary. Any old version of Thunder Road makes me feel happy but an acoustic version makes me ecstatic and a smile can't help but break out on my face. That first sound of the harmonica and the piano and then the singing, it's just the most perfect song ever created in the history of music! Ok, before I go too far just have a listen and see for yourselves. I dare anybody not to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment