Pages

18/10/2013

I SPENT MY WEEKEND IN A JACUZZI WITH SOME SCARLETS PLAYERS. WHAT ABOUT YOU?!

Hey Lisa, what's up with this not blogging business? Yup, I've been asking myself the same question and I have a very reasonable explanation! We STILL HAVE NO INTERNET in the house and the BT openzone cuts out all the time thus the only time I've been able to go on the internet properly is in the uni library and I tell myself not to go on the internet when working because I get very, very distracted! Alas, I am here now :)

Last Friday my Mami came down from Wales for the weekend and I had one of the best weekends ever. I had a few lectures and seminars on Friday morning so I met my mam on the train just after lunch as we were heading to Twickenham which is 3 stops away on the train from where I go to university. The weekend didn't initially get off to the best start with the hotel telling us that they hadn't received our booking but, as I have recently come to realise, everything happens for a reason and thank God that they couldn't initially find our reservation because we got to do and see things that we would not have been able to do otherwise, like sitting in the Jacuzzi with a few of the Scarlets players ...  but we'll get back to that in a minute!
While they searched for our booking they gave us a room and said that we could have free breakfast for our whole stay which was awesome . . .  the reason for this will be revealed in a second. After we 'unpacked' (read: flung bags on floor and made huge mess) we got our swimming costumes on and headed over to the Virgin Active centre next door which was also where the hotel's gym, pool and spa was. Where we stayed was pretty cool because it was actually inside Twickenham stadium! My mum and I had went from sauna to steam room to the Jacuzzi and I even had time to do a reasonable amount of lengths and just as we were starting to head back to the changing rooms we heard the unmistakable sound of the Welsh accent and saw some of the Scarlets players walking down in to the spa thus the only thing to do was to get back in to the pool! The whole reason we had made our way to Twickenham was to watch the Scarlets take on the Harlequins in the first round of the Heineken cup match and it was one of the best rugby matches I have ever been to - club or country! It was insane. (If you want to read my account of the game click here.) Thus it was amazing to be so close to the players.

The next day we got ourselves together reasonably early as we had a long day ahead of us and the day could not have began any better - breakfast with 20+ rugby men anyone? Yes, please, thank you very much! While I ate my Muesli I could see the likes of Jonathan 'Fox' Davies, Liam Williams etc preparing for the match later that day. It was Awesome and I even made awkward eye contact with Josh Turnbull - I think he caught me staring! We also ended up in the lift having a chat with Scarlets' player Gareth Maul where I'm sure my mother put the fear of God in him when she said jokingly (maybe) "no pressure but I've travelled 5 hours on the train to be here so you better win!", well at least it looked like he was scared!

Once we had recovered from our breakfast date with the Scarlets (they didn't know it was a date but that doesn't mean that it wasn't!) myself and my mam headed in to Kingston as we wanted to do a bit of shopping. While we were there I bought a woolly hat by Hype, an amazing black fur lined coat from M&S and I also got the new iphone 5C in coral/pink. A good day's shopping I think. Before heading to the hotel to change in to my Scarlets shirt we went in to the Cabbage Patch pub to see some Scarlets supporters and once the game was over my mum and I celebrated with cocktails, her a Martini & me a cosmopolitan. We ended the night with a scrumptious Zizzis and some Jools Holland and the Manic Street Preachers.
I headed back to uni just after lunch on Sunday and my mum headed back to West Wales but we weren't going to leave before we went to that spa/pool once more :) A perfect way to end a perfect weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment