Pages

18/04/2014

LIVE WITHOUT WALLS





// A few random photos from a week of outdoor exploring 

Over the past months at university I have made it my routine to go to the gym 6 days out of 7 as it gives me time to relax, but since coming home for Easter holidays I find that outside is where I want to be. Over the winter months its hard to exercise outside due to all the rain and the snow and more rain and the wind, oh the wind! Although, alas, the sun has started to shine as spring has made itself comfortable on these shores. As a result, every lunch time I take a break from revision and go for a cycle. I usually do a 14 mile sprint because I don't want to be out too long as I'll just have to revise later into the evening and I prefer to have everything done by the latest half 6. 

Over the last week myself and my mam have been going on long walks as she is training for the London Moonwalk that takes place later next month. Last Saturday we walked around 12 miles and this Good Friday I walked 15. There are so, so, so many steep hills around our area that it feels that you are doing 15 miles of constant lunges and squats. Ouchie! But it is really awesome to be outside and as we were discussing today, we really do live in a stunning part of the world that not many places on this planet can rival. Once I head back to Southern England I shall start to take my cardio sessions outside as I have something coming up later this year that will require me to train pretty hard - Exciting stuff!! 

If change one thing in your life over the next few weeks/months/years go outside more, leave the computer and your phone and get exploring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment