Pages

19/10/2012

CLEAN OFF . . .

. . . HARRY POTTER MARATHON. 

Yes so this Harry Potter marathon has been going on for almost a week now! Nearly every night we take out the pull out bed out from underneath my bed and we work our way through a HP film! We are living the lives of crazy university students guys! This is actually what I prefer because I wouldn't be able to go out every night and then get up at 7:30am to make my lecture on time! As it goes at the moment I'm not really able to go out because of my injury, I can't stand up or sit down for long periods of time, but hey ho. 

This week has been quite stressful whilst I try to get to grips with how to do the work. I've been fixated on re-writing my notes before doing anything else. This has now changes. I discovered that re-writing my notes took sooooo much time that I had very little time to actually do the work that I'm supposed to do! Therefore I now just read through my notes again and add and highlight things as I go along. 

I went to see the strength and conditioning coach earlier this week and was told that I probably will not be able to take part in any competitive sport for a year! A year! I don't think I've ever gone that long not doing competitive sport in my life! It's got to be done though I guess! As someone said - "you'll come back fitter and stronger in the long run". I sure hope they are right. 

On Wednesday, after a day of lectures and working in the founders library (this library is like the ones in Harry Potter and really old films you see - wood and leather tables with old style lamps on them. Books organised on wooden bookshelves!) and meetings with sports people we headed of to NANDO'S! This was only my second time at this restaurant and the reasoning for us going there was not only to have a nice flat family meal but also because we had won money off vouchers in the freshers fair. I had won a whole free meal - score! Once we got off the train and walked back home, we sat down and watched the inbetweeners movie!  

Last night my friend and I went to the film festival society meeting. In the next week or so we will be put in to groups to film our first short film that will be entered in to the 'Reed Short Film Competition'. You get to choose which role you would like (well, you put your top three in order of preference). I think my options will be this - 1. Editor, 2 Producer and 3 Director/camera operator. I'm looking forward to seeing what goes in to actually making a short film! 

p.s In the future, once all has settled down and I'm at least kind of sure what I'm doing and how I'm doing my work, I will be doing more posts! 

Here are some pics and instagrams from the last week or so. 










No comments:

Post a Comment