Pages

03/06/2012

JOOLS GOT THE BLUES

Saturday night mam and I headed to Aberystwyth to watch Jools Holland and the Rhythm and Blues Orchestra in the Arts Centre. After a long day of revising it was nice to chillax. Although I did have a break to watch Wales V Barbarians, but watching Wales play rugby isn't the most relaxing thing in the world! I've seen Jools and his orchestra before in the CIA or as it is now know - 'Motorpoint Arena' - in Cardiff about 2 years ago. This time however, I enjoyed it much, much more. The reason for this is because last time I was very ill and couldn't really enjoy the performance and also in Cardiff we were sat a long way from the stage as the arena is very big. The arts centre's theatre is much, much, much smaller and as a result you're stood very close the to the stage - which is a very big plus! At one point the trumpet players were touching distance from me! It was an extraordinary experience to see Jools Holland playing the piano from such close proximity! How his fingers move so fast I will never know! As a piano player myself, he has always been one of my favourite musicians! The whole band were also on form playing their instruments, dancing and singing. Ruby Turner was also there with her amazing voice as usual! The last time I saw Jools, Ruby was not with him, Alison Moye was there instead. Her voice is something else I have got to admit - wawi! They were on stage for about 2 hours and had 3 encores!

Jools and the band get 5 Lisa Loves!






No comments:

Post a Comment