Pages

31/05/2012

BURN BABY BURN

On Monday my alarm went off at 4:45am!!! I had catch a bus from school at 6am so we could be up in Aberystwyth pretty darn early. The reason for this redoncolous wake up time was that I was going to watch Carwen carry the Olympic Flame through a section of town! It was another beautiful day and it was scorching by 7:30am or even earlier. Whilst waiting for Carwen to start her torch run, coca-cola were giving out free stuff from their little red London-style double decker bus! We received limited edition Olympic flame coke bottles and like a drum-cum-tambourine thing that's supposedly called a 'Beat Pad'. Carwen took the tourch up Constitution Hill on the train, walked back down and ran across a section of the prom. Hundreds of people were there to cheer her as well as the other torch bearers. Whilst queueing for my 'beat pad' thingimajig BB Aled walked past me. As in Aled Jones from the Chris Moyles Radio 1 breakfast show! Chris Moyles and co. were presenting the show from Aberystwyth that day in celebration of the torch passing through Aled's hometown! Mr. Moyles was even a torch barer. I couldn't find them though as they were all the way up in Aber's arts centre.

After watching Carwen walk with the torch and passing it on to a Sun journalist (which led to her picture being in The Sun newspaper!) we walked back to the bus (after walking around Aber looking for a lost school child! We found him in the end so all is cool!). As the bus was filled with mostly young school children, 8-14ish, we ended up in McDonald's after their begging! I grabbed myself a toasted jam bagel. At just after 10am I arrived home. That is one very busy morning in my book! After a quick lie down I continued with my (endless) revision!










The first 6 pictures are from Gwyneth Richards. The rest are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment