Pages

19/05/2012

HUNGER GAMES

"Lisa you are not going to get involved in another teen loves story book/film series". These are the words that I told myself when I first heard about 'The Hunger Games'. Well you can probably guess what happened. . . I was in Tesco, it was late . . . give me a break! Well thank god I didn't listen to my head because, wow! I first thought it was going to be bella/edward Esq but I was wrong. The 'love triangle' in this novel is but a mere speck in the adventures of Katniss in the Games. Katniss is like our modern day Spice girl - Girl Power! Right? She's strong and independent, she is the one who saves the men not the other way round! I love the suspense in the novel and to tell you the truth I have never read a book where I lose track of time and just can't stop turning the pages. There were actuall butterflies in my stomach as Katniss fight her way through the terrain in the Games. The ending, well the ending just makes me want to drive down to tesco again (this time wide awake) and purposefully by the next instalment in the Hunger Games series.  

The funny thing was that even though I knew the film had just been released I had no intention of googling what actor played which character because the book allowed me to create such vivid characters in my mind that the thought didn't cross me to google who Peeta or Gales was in till I had read the last sentence! And now I really want to go and watch the film, as it's been out quite a long time now, most people have already seen it, so I'm going to have to convince them to go watch it again! I'm sure that wont be hard!





I give this book 4 and a half Lisa Loves!





No comments:

Post a Comment