Pages

17/05/2012

DEPP MAGIC.

Last Saturday Mam, Dad and I headed to Carmarthen as we were meant to go down to Ammanford but by the time we'd stopped with my grandparents and then roamed around PC world (dad looking for ink, me just playing with the cameras and ipads and setting alarms off as I went - oooops!) it was nearly time for mam and I to go to the cinema. So when dad went off to ammanford on his own mam and I had an Ice caramel soya latte in Costa and then went to watch Tim Burton's new film - Dark Shadows.

Of course Johnny Depp was the main character (being a Burton film!) I wasn't quite sure what to expect because I hadn't really seen many adverts etc.  but was very pleasantly surprised! Being a Burton film it was quite strange (in a good but weird way!) Depp plays a rich man who has been cursed by a former lover (who happens to be a witch) to eternal life as a vampire. For two centuries he is trapped underground but is released in 1972 to a totally different world. The story revolves around him attempting to fit in in his new world and restoring the Collin's name as the main fishing company in  the town. There are many laughs in between many quite surreal moments, such as when Alice Cooper randomly performs at the Collins' castle!

There are great performances by a very cool Chloe Grace Moretz and a young Gulliver McGrath. As always Depp and Helena Bonham Carter give us a funny, confusing, weird but awesome performance! I can't write a review of this film without mentioning the soundtrack! As it is set in the 70's the music is right up my street, with singers/bands such as T-Rex, Jimmy Hendrix and Alice Cooper. This film definitely appeals to my film preference as it includes comedy, GREAT music and a great cast! If you're a fan of Burton films you must go and see this film. Or even if you'd like to watch something different to your average film and come out of the cinema asking - "What in the world did I just watch!" then you should definitely go and watch this good film. It might not be the best film out this year and it most probably wont win any awards but it was nice to see some imagination and craziness in the cinema.

I give this film 3 Lisa Loves out of 5.

Here are some pictures from the day.






No comments:

Post a Comment