Pages

18/05/2012

RUGBY ON A SUNDAY

I woke up bright and early Sunday morning as myself and Carwen had to be in Whitland (which is about an hour away) by 10am. The reason for this was because we were playing with the Carmarthen Quins in a national rugby tournament. I haven't played rugby in a while because of my leg, but as this was the last game of the season and my last game with the Carmarthen Quins, as I am now to old to play for them, I just had to play! The place was filled with teams from across Wales. It was a 7's tournament and we played full pitch so you had to have speed and stamina! We cruised our way through our opening match playing against Haverfordwest and beat Cardiff Quins to go through to the final. After a very hard fought game we narrowly lost to the Cardiff Quins in the last second of the game. Even though we lost the final I really enjoyed the game as we played good rugby and it was exciting to be involved in!

Carmarthen usually play in green or red, orange and black, on Sunday however as people are in the middle of their exams we didn't have enough players including subs, so we paired up with Neath U18's. Therefore I wore the black shirt of Neath to play my last game for the Quins which was quite strange. But as long as we could play with a full team I didn't care what shirt I was wearing!

We eventually came runners up in the national 7's tournament (which tbh is quite good!) Even though we actually won and lost the same amount of games as the winners! So really we're all winners ;) I love playing rugby and to be involved in a game that has presented me with so many opportunities! I will always be thankful for the people I have met, the friends I have made and the things I have done whilst being involved with the Carmarthen Quins U15's and U18's! I will definitely be returning to watch them play when I'm home from university!







No comments:

Post a Comment