Pages

04/01/2013

NEW YEARS BEACH DAY

New Years day we headed down to the beach. I think I rather the beach in the winter time because there are hardly any tourists, the beaches are mostly empty and the sound of the waves hitting the sand is awesome. We always go to the same two beaches, so on Tuesday I decided to drive to another one that I haven't been to since I was in primary school. We arrived in Cwmtydu at around midday with my mum and I also picked Carwen up on the way.

The wind was incredible! I was standing on top of the beach wall trying to take a picture with my penny board and the wind was so strong that the board would just fly off! Myself and Carwen walked up the cliff that sheltered the beach. When we got close to the top we could see miles and miles of sea. It was beautiful. I also brought my penny with me so we did some skating on the little road that leads to the beach. Another reason why I love winter time by the sea is because there are hardly any people, there is hardly any traffic which means that you can safely skate on the roads.

Once we'd been there for an hour or so, we headed down the single track road to another, more popular beach in Llangrannog. The place was absolutely packed. There was no room to park, there were loads of people on the beach and the pubs were even fuller. I managed to find a place to park tucked away by some boats. Carwen, Hendrix and I ran out to take some pictures and then jumped back in the car to come home. It was freezing there!

I love the beach and I love that I live so close to the coast :)

Happy New Year :)














No comments:

Post a Comment