Pages

22/01/2013

SNOW IS FALLING . . .

I apologize for being MIA over the last couple of days but university work was thrust upon me and it felt like it was never going to end. However, today I presented my presentation so I can forget about that for a while! Anywho - back to what's been going on in my life other than work.

On Friday I woke up quite early becaus (yet again) I had to go in to London for a CT scan (for my back). I oppened the curtains and everywhere was white! Snow had hit Egham! I was wondering if I'd be able to get in to London because the trains might not be running (I know it's not far to London but still, trains are very tempermental!). I eventually got in to London, all the tubes were fine and I eventually reached Chelsea and the hospital. I had around 45mins to spare so I headed over Chelsea bridge to Battersea Park. The park looked absolutely awesome as it was blanketed with a layer of undisrupted snow. I only passed a handful of people as I walked on through the park - nice and relaxing!

After my scan I went to catch the tube from Sloane Sq. to Westminster, but oh no, there were no tubes running on this line. I eventually had to walk a mile to Knightsbridge, through a really posh resedential area (where I swear I saw Louise Redknapp in her massive Mercedes!) and get the tube from just outside Harvey Nichols to Waterloo and back home! I'm actually proud of myself for navigating myself through London (on my own) as I'm a newby to all of this 'hustlin' & Bustlin' city stuff, growing up in the middle of nowhere surrounded by fields!

When I got home I got in to warm clothes and cwtched up in a friends room to watch a film and some episodes of Friends & later that night we were all starving so we had a couple slices of pizza :)







 My mam and dad also sent some pictures of Hendrix in the snow back home in Wales :)


No comments:

Post a Comment