Pages

12/05/2013

MILLENNIUM STADIUM //

Late last week I found out that my friend, Kyle, was going to be playing in the MILLENNIUM STADIUM in Cardiff (how awesome is that?!)!! So obviously I booked by train tickets to Cardiff and yesterday morning I left uni quite early and got the train back to Wales. I met up with Carwen, we grabbed some lunch and headed in to the stadium. It was so cool seeing people you actually know playing on the field. Kyle was playing for Carmarthen Athletic in the national youth cup final against Gorseinon (Leigh Halfpenny's team . . . he was there also!). Athletic got the home draw so their changing room was the Wales home changing room! Athletic convincingly beat Gorseinon 43-12! Woohoo. The game was really exciting and some awesome rugby was played by both teams but the last two tries by Athletic were superb!

Earlier in the week I wasn't sure what to do after the game - go back to uni, stay in Cardiff . . . ? I looked at tickets for a same day return and if I had left Cardiff at 21:00 I wouldn't have reached Egham 'till 10am!!! Cray. Carwen's mum was driving home that evening after the game so I got a lift home to West Wales from them. I wasn't really planning coming home from uni this term just because it's a really short term but because I was so close to home and I have no lectures (only exams) I thought I might as well. Yesterday was also my Mami's birthday so it was nice to be back for that also.

I'm going back to uni on Tuesday morning so I have a time to rest at home for a few days before I go back to revision and exams!



 Leigh Halfpenny (in the red)!



No comments:

Post a Comment