Pages

18/05/2013

MOVIE // THE FLIPPIN' AWESOME GATSBY

Baz Luhrmann's Gatsby came out on Thursday but I went to see it yesterday (Friday). My friends and I have been looking forward to this film since we first heard about the remake over two years ago when we were studying Fitzgerald's great American novel in year. 12. For the last week or so I've been playing the Gatsby soundtrack over and over and over again (on youtube) - with Jay Z producing the soundtrack it couldn't be anything other than spectacular. I particularly liked No Church in the Wild  & Love is Blindness. They just add so much 'Cool' to the film. This might be a weird thing to say but, the film was really colourful and almost cartoon like (which I really loved). I've watched a few old movie versions of the Great Gatsby on TV but they never really kept my attention for long because I just love the book and they just didn't compare. Even though I don't  believe that any remake of Gatsby will ever be as good as the novel, Luhrmann's version is pretty darn awesome. Leo, oh Leo! He was superb as Gatsby and I found myself feeling much more sorry for Gatsby in the film compared to the novel, although that might have something to do with Leonardo Dicaprio more than anything! I still find myself disliking Daisy though. The film stayed really true to the book with the exception of one or two things. Overall I think it was Great and have already sorted out another trip to see it in the Cinema next week!

Oh, and the costumes and parties were just amazing and so sparkly and perfect.





 


No comments:

Post a Comment