Pages

30/01/2012

Snow cold!

Yesterday was cold. 
I mean really cold! (It even snowed!)

After a morning of revising I headed to Carmarthen for the Scarlets U18's trials. Although I was only there to watch this time as I'm out with an injury (trapped nerve in my back). It was very weird standing on the side lines as my friends and team mates trained. As the weather was so cold and rainy people were literally turning blue! I'm not even joking. For that reason and for the reason that the pitch was so boggy they had to call off the trials/training half an hour early! I can honestly say even though I had two pairs of sock and wellies on - my feet have never been so cold in my life and I've been to the Ice Hotel in the Arctic Circle!!! 

I've been playing rugby for nearly three years now and I absolutely love it! I play for both Carmarthen Quins U18's and for my region which is the Scarlets U18's. I have also represented my country in the Wales U18's Women's squad just a year and a bit after starting to play the game. I love the physical and both the social side of the game and I think that it's good for people to do something out of school so you can interact and meet new people and make friends with people that you don't see everyday. The opportunities I have had through the game of rugby are incredible. From playing for the Scarlets (which we have supported since year dot)  playing for my country against England in Guilford,Surrey, training in the Centre of Excellence in the Vale in Cardiff (where the internationals train) and meeting rugby heros of mine such as Sam Warburton and Jamie Roberts and of course meeting people from all over wales and making new friends.  

Here is one of my favorite pictures of me playing rugby from a game I played just before christmas with my club (Quins) against Newport at home in Abergwili.



 I scored by the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment