Pages

28/01/2012

We're bakin' a cake brotha'

Last Saturday I baked a cake for Owen's birthday.
What I thought would take like an hour took more like 3! I followed Nigella Lawson's (what a woman!) Devil's Food Cake recipe! We took it up to Aberystwyth last Sunday when we went up and visited him and I had a piece. OMG the dark chocolate icing and centre was magnificent! Even though I only had one piece because after all I had made it for my brother and I left it in his flat so him and his friends could eat it  - it was delicious! I don't think it was because I made it (well maybe!) I think it was just down to Lawson's incredible cake recipe skills! 

So as promised here are the pictures of the cake making process (which was so messy it made my new blue and strawberry apron brown as a result of the masses of dark chocolate!) and the finished product. Enjoy! 








Yummmy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment