Pages

10/06/2013

LONDON, DINNER AND PENNY BOARDS

Friday afternoon I headed in to London with Laura. I had to go to a place on Bond Street so we made our way on the tube in the direction of Selfridges. We arrived a bit early which was a big mistake because I ended up going in to Forever 21 and buying a new bag and headband! The bag is pretty awesome though! We didn't stay in the City for long as we had to be back in uni before 7pm because we were heading out for a meal that evening. We were suppose to get the 7:20 train but because we only arrived back at around 7pm we didn't make it and ended up getting the taxi to Windsor instead which made more sense anyway. We went to Zizzi's which is right next to Windsor castle and I had some chicken wrapped in pancetta and some green beans. Yuuuumie.








The whole of last week we had starter session seminars. Basically just an introduction to our modules next year. I've chosen British History 1914-1973, Society and culture in Britain 1815-1851, Tudor Monarchy 1485-1609, England and the age of revolution 1603-1714, History of the USA since 1877 and I'm doing my independent essay (5,000 words) on Race, Gender and Obama. I've just spent a lot, and I mean a lot, of money on books for these courses. All the courses sound pretty cool so hopefully they will be!
I ordered grip tape for my penny board a while ago and it took a month to arrive in the post. When I eventually went to get the grip from the post room here in uni I discovered that, I assume because it was so late, they had sent me two nickel tapes, a penny tape, loads of stickers and loaaaads of penny board posters. In the words of Charlie Sheen - Winning!



No comments:

Post a Comment