Pages

05/06/2013

PENNY BOARDING // Virginia Waters

On Monday myself and three friends woke up early and walked over to Virginia Waters. They were going on their runs and I was going to do some skating. While I was there the day before I realised how awesome the paths were to skate on. So at around 8:30 am we all went our separate ways and I began to skate. It was so peaceful there with only a few dogs and their owners walking around. Having not been on the board properly since before my operation (back in March) I was both looking forward to a skate but I was also quite scared! Despite this I decided to skate down quite a decline and, oh my word, I was terrified! The board began to shake I was going so fast and the only options I had was either to jump off, which would result in a spectacular fall, or to ride it out. I picked the latter and survived, although my legs were shaking when I got off the board.

The best thing about that spectacularly sunny morning was how calm everything was. The water was calm with only the occasional duck rippling the steady surface, even the dogs were calmly walking beside their owners. When living 24 hours a day with seventeen people sometimes it is nice just to have that bit of calm. For most of my life I have used sport as a relaxing tool but because of certain issues I have not been able to do that for probably a year and a half and it is not the best thing in the world. But hey ho. :) Virginia Waters is a part of Windsor Great Park and is filled with fields, a lake and miles of trees which is very similar to West Wales. A home away from home :)





 


No comments:

Post a Comment