Pages

03/06/2013

Virginia Waters // Picnic

Yesterday it was so nice, sunny and warm that we (the block) decided to walk over to Virginia Waters which is such a beautiful place. It only took us about 20mins to get there and once we found a perfect, quite secluded, spot we set up camp and ate our lunch. Myself, along with others, just sat and read for a while before going on a little walk around the lake. If you were to walk around the whole lake then it is about 4 and a half miles but we just walked two miles. When we walked further in to the park the place just got busier and busier. I guess because around here there aren't many fields to run around and chillax in, everyone seems to congregate in VW. Added to this it was Sunday and the last day of half term! There were children on scooters, people on bikes and dogs running everywhere. We saw one kid majorly stack it on his scooter - it was actually impressive! It was an awesome day and it was super nice to get out of the block. I also discovered some awesome new places to skate - the paths are so smooth. Perfect for Nelly (my Penny Nickle) and I to go skating :)

I'm a person that gets a bit claustrophobic if around people all the time (or I'm just a bit unsociable!), either way it's nice to get some peace and quiet now and again and VW is the perfect place for this. This morning I went for a skate around the lake and it was so nice to be alone and do my own thing, even if it was just 30 mins. (post to come) I will definitely be walking/skating over there soon, just to sit by the lake and read. Perfect.

I know, our kitchen is a mess. Well, was a mess because, you'll be delighted to know, it has been cleaned and no longer resembles a pig sty (well not as much).




 above picture from Hollie.







 Above three pictures from Ettore.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment