Pages

24/06/2013

SUMMER ADVENTURES // London visit

Aloha.

Last Wednesday I arrived in Paddington, London (from Carmathen) at around 9pm where Hollie was there to meet me. As I arrived so late we just headed back to Hollie's house, where I was staying until Sunday. She lives towards the end of the Central line (tube) so not that far from central London.
Thursday we got up fairly early and headed in to Holborn to meet our friend Laura for lunch. We were heading towards My Old Dutch pancake house where they have the most amazing pancakes known to man! I had a pear and cinnamon pancake, Laura had an apple and cinnamon one and Hollie had lemon and sugar, all of these had some vanilla ice cream on top. Wowza! After we were filled to the brim with pancake we headed towards Waterloo where we were going to the IMAX to go and Watch the new Superman Film - Man of Steele. It was really awesome and the 3D was actually insane! It was genuinely like you were in the film. If you ever get a chance to go and watch a film in an IMAX theatre please do it. We were all shattered after the film for some reason so all three of us headed back to Hollie's house to have a chill, eat some Bran Flakes and sleep in preparation for our next day of adventures
.



 
Camden, Notting Hill and Portobello Market were on Friday's agenda. Camden was our first stop and Laura had never been there before so we went there to show her the iconic London area. The place is filled with stalls selling band t-shirts, knock off Nigel headphones, jewellery and is filled with hippies, rockers and hipsters! While we were there i bought two prints - one of Springsteen and one of Jimmy Hendrix. We soon finished in Camden so we grabbed some lunch and made our way in the direction of Notting Hill.  
 


 

Notting Hill has to be my new favourite part of London. It reminds me of one of my favourite parts of New York which is SoHo. So calm & relaxed and unlike central London nobody is rushing and shoving you out of the way and running for trains that will reappear in less than 2 minutes! The houses, oh the houses! They have to be some of the nicest houses I have ever seen within a city. If I ever win the lottery I will purch myself in the multicoloured, ivy covered beauts that are Notting Hill houses! We went into an awesome book shop which was filled to the brim with books, magazines and comics (awesome!) and then made our way through the market in Portobello.





My mam has every Springsteen record except for my favourite - Darkness on the Edge of Town. There were numerous record stalls there and the last record in the pile on one of these stalls was Darkness so I grabbed it! The guy said all the Springsteen records had gone up in price since his sold out, 5 star Wembley performance which is understandable! I was sooo happy to find it though :) after having a look around we headed back on the central line to Hollie's house and on the way we said bye to Laura as she headed home. We finished the evening with delicious spaghetti bolognese and the 'Truman Show'.
Saturday was much more of a chilled day with myself watching the Lions beat the Australians in the morning and Hollie and I heading to the nearest town to look around in the afternoon. We popped in to the travel agents and while we were there we picked up some travel brochures. Hollie and I spend most of our time, actually almost all of our time, talking about where we want to go, what countries, when and what we'd like to do there. If you don't dream then you'll never do, that's what I say! We grabbed a delicious red velvet cupcake and later on we shared some Oreo milkshake - yuuum :) Before we walked back to Hollie's house we popped in to a really cool boutique type shop called Source. There were so many awesome things in their and Hollie pointed out to me an awesome poncho style rain coat, bright pink, which was on sale from £45 to £15 - bargain. I couldn't pass up the opportunity as I think it'll be awesome for Springsteen next month if the Millennium Stadium roof'll be open and for V & Reading festivals later on this summer. Great find :)
 

 

 
The rest of the evening was chilled and I headed home on the 9:30am train from Paddington to Carmarthen while watching Woody Allen's awesome film, Manhattan, and reading my book. Myself, Mam and Dad went out for Sunday lunch when I arrived back in Carmarthen and then we called in with my grandparents on the way home and had an awesome surprise :)



It was a cool time in Landaaaan.

No comments:

Post a Comment